nights’ accommodation; 4 breakfasts; 3 dinners; admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes, and gratuity, except gratuity for guide fees is not included on adult tours unless otherwise requested. Based on 35 paying passengers and one (1) comp in double occupancy.Experience just how small the world is at this one of a kind festival. For many of these Embassies, this is the only time they make themselves open and available for public touring during the entire year. See Live musical and dance performances, fashion shows, and food and drink offerings that represent each country. Available the first two weekends of May annually.
- Attend the Cultural Tourism DC Passport Weekend Embassy Event, May 13th, 2023 -OR- The EU Embassies Open House May 6th, 2023
- Each guest will receive their very own keepsake Cultural Tourism DC’s Passport *May 13th only
- Bring your own Passport and have it stamped by each embassy during the EU Open House *May 6th only
- See the Mansions of Kalorama Neighborhood
- Hillwood Estate and Gardens
- The luxurious Anderson House
- Illuminated Monuments & Memorials Tour
- Smithsonian Institute National Museums on the National Mall
- Upon arrival to our Nation’s Capital, each guest will receive their very own keepsake Cultural Tourism DC’s Passport* where each visited Embassy will stamp upon arrival as a record of their visit. *May 13th only
- Depart with a professional DC Guide and begin touring with a visit to the jaw-dropping Mansions of the Kalorama Neighborhood with famous homes belonging to the posh and elite such as: Barack and Michelle Obama, Jeff Bezos, and Ivanka Trump.
- Visit the Anderson House, completed in 1905, and is one of the Capital’s most fashionable mansions. Used as a winter residence by Larz Anderson, an American Diplomat, and his wife, Isabel, an author and benefactor. They also used the house to showcase their art collection, hold diplomatic & inaugural receptions, formal dinners, luncheons, concerts, & dramatic performances. Today, this National Historic Landmark is open to the public as a historic house museum where the traditions of collecting, entertaining, and patriotic service still continue.
- Tour beautiful Hillwood Estate and Gardens.
- Enjoy an included dinner this evening at a local favorite restaurant.
- Embark on an after dark, Illuminated Monument Tour. Washington, DC is impressive during the day - stunning at night!
- Check in to your local hotel for the evening. (Meals: D)
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel this morning.
- Depart with your GUIDE for the annual, official Cultural Tourism DC Passport Weekend Embassy Event. Your Guide will escort you through the streets of the Capital and expertly navigate your group quickly and effectively to explore the unique offerings of each individual Embassy—who routinely try to out-do each other, year after year, with impressive spectacles reminiscent of their homeland. For many of these Embassies, this is the only time they make themselves open and available for public touring during the entire year. We’ll experience just how small our world truly is with live musical & dance performances, fashion shows, and more food and drink offerings than can be imagined.
- Spend time exploring The National Gallery of Art and enjoy artists' works from around the world.
- Dinner is included this evening.
- Return to your hotel. (Meals: B, D)
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel this morning prior to checking out and departing for some free time at your choice of the Smithsonian Institute Museums on the National Mall.
- Enjoy lunch on own today before heading home with memories and mementos lasting a lifetime! (Meals: B)
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE PDF: PDF