Best of Arizona
From the Grand Canyon to the Historic Town of Tombstone & so much in between! Come experience the very best Arizona has to offer, including an immersive stay at an active Dude Ranch. Walk the steps of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday. Visit the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum & ride the rails on what is said to be one of the "Crookedest Tracks" in the USA. Enjoy breakfast at the Southern Rim of the Grand Canyon, set off on a Jeep Tour through the canyons of the Sedona, & visit the winter home of Frank Lloyd Wright. Great food, epic scenery, & endless fun await you in Arizona! Take a Fun Trip out West today!
11 Days /10 Nights
Tour Inclusions: 10 nights’ accommodation; 10 breakfasts; 2 lunches; 9 dinners; admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes, and gratuity, except gratuity for guide fees is not included on adult tours unless otherwise requested. Based on 35 paying passengers and one (1) comp in double occupancy.Highlights:
- Heard Museum
- Casa Grande Ruins National Monument
- White Stallion Ranch
- OK Corral Reenactment
- Birdcage Saloon
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Sabino Canyon Tour
- Taliesin West
- The Dolly Steamboat Dinner Cruise
- Arizona Copper Art Museum
- Verde Canyon Railroad
- Dinner Theatre Show
- Sedona Trolley Tour & Tusayan
- Grand Canyon Tour, Museum of Northern Arizona, & Lowell Observatory
- Montezuma Castle National Monument
- Scottsdale Quarter
Sample Itinerary: Day 1 - Arrivals & Welcome Reception
- Arrive in Phoenix and depart for Old Town Scottsdale for shopping & lunch on own.
- Check-in to your hotel prior to a wonderful kick off dinner celebration included at a restaurant where freshness and flavor are at the heart of every dish.
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel prior to checking out.
- Depart for the Heard Museum where you will be greeted by your docent who will provide a tour of the museum.
- Enjoy lunch on own at the conclusion of the tour in the Courtyard Café.
- After lunch, arrive at the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument. Explore the history and stories of an extended network of communities and irrigation canals.
- Depart for White Stallion Ranch where you will enjoy the Dude Ranch experience. The ranch provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next 2 nights. Ride the trails on horseback or relax poolside and soak in the Sonoran Desert in style.
- Continue your Ranch Experience There will be nothing scheduled for you on this day, but the motor coach will be accessible, should a need arise. Giddy-up Pardner!
- Enjoy breakfast included at the ranch before checking out & departing for Tombstone. Walk the steps of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday!
- Watch the reenactment of the famous Shootout at the OK Corral. The gunfight at the O.K. Corral was a thirty-second shootout between lawmen led by Virgil Earp and members of a group of outlaws called the Cowboys occurring October 26th, 1881.
- Enjoy lunch on own at one of the great saloon style restaurants offered in Tombstone.
- Tour the Birdcage Saloon, legend has it 26 people were killed in the Bird Cage Theatre during its reputed years as one of the wildest and meanest places in Tombstone, AZ.
- Check-in to your hotel for the evening and enjoy dinner on own.
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel. Depart for the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Continue to the Orientation Ramada for an overview of what makes the region so unique.
- On to the Mountain Woodland where you may see mountain lion, black bear, and Mexican grey wolves, followed by the Desert Grasslands for prairie dogs and Vulture Culture.
- Grab a spot in the viewing area for Raptor Free Flight. After the presentation, check out the Agave and Cactus Gardens and Riparian Corridor.
- Complete your visit with lunch included at the Ocotillo Café.
- Depart for the Sabino Canyon Visitor Center and Bookstore. Find it nestled in the rugged front range of the Santa Catalina Mountains outside of Tucson, AZ. Mountains, water, and valley meet at Sabino Canyon to form a desert oasis.
- Take a Sabino Canyon Tour. Feel the magic of nature as you ride a convenient, comfortable shuttle through the wonders of Sabino Canyon or to the Bear Canyon trailhead.
- Arrive for dinner included at local favorite with a panoramic view of the Phoenix valley as the sun sets and the city lights come to life.
- Enjoy an included breakfast prior to visiting Taliesin West, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright over 80 years ago, for a docent led tour.
- After touring, depart for Old Town Scottsdale. Enjoy free time, shopping, and lunch on own. Old Town Scottsdale has pedestrian-friendly streets, world class art galleries, museums, restaurants, and retail shops.
- Depart for The Dolly Steamboat and prepare for your twilight dinner boat cruise on Canyon Lake. Dine in style and complete relaxation during this magical time of day. Observe Canyon Lake wildlife, like bighorn sheep, and bald eagles as they settle in for the evening.
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel before checking out and departing for the Arizona Copper Art Museum. The museum is an official Arizona Centennial Legacy Project and opened as part of Arizona’s and Clarkdale’s mutual centennial celebrations of 2012. Enjoy lunch on own at own at the Copper Spike Café.
- Boarding the train at Verde Canyon Railroad for a journey along America’s crookedest stretch of track. Captivating panoramic views are revealed in every direction, exclusively from the relaxed atmosphere of the train.
- Make your way to Blazin' M Ranch, enjoy the Western town featuring a museum, Old-Tyme photo studio, shooting gallery, ropin’ lessons, tractor pull, and Saloon & Western shops that line the boardwalk.
- Enjoy an included dinner theatre show at Blazin’ M Dinner, an Old West experience to remember. Featuring mouth-waterin’ BBQ chicken and ribs chuckwagon supper followed by a toe-tappin, knee-slappin’ hour-long Western stage production by award-winning musicians.
- Enjoy an included breakfast at the hotel prior to a Sedona Trolley Tour. Experience the breathtaking views of West Sedona, see formations such as Thunder Mountain, Chimney Rock, & Fay Canyon.
- Enjoy lunch on own at one of many choices offered in this majestic place.
- Depart for Tusayan, The Gateway to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and check-in to your hotel for the evening.
- Arrive at a local steakhouse saloon for an included dinner.
- Enjoy a boxed breakfast on your way to an exciting Grand Canyon Tour. This scenic adventure includes stops along some of the most popular lookout areas the Grand Canyon National Park has to offer. A professional guide will provide you with the history of the region, the forces of nature shaping the canyon, & the ancient people who inhabited the land.
- Return to hotel prior to lunch on own in Downtown Flagstaff.
- Depart for the Museum of Northern Arizona to experience a docent led exhibits tour.
- Check-in to your hotel prior to an included dinner at local restaurant.
- Arrive at the Lowell Observatory and enjoy the Dark Skies Package - 1.5 hours of private stargazing using the new 24” Dyer Telescope and a laser-guided constellation tour. Following the guided tour, group members may explore the campus on their own.
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel then depart for Montezuma Castle National Monument, one of the best-preserved cliff dwellings in North America.
- Depart for Scottsdale Quarter, enjoy lunch on own, & free time to shop.
- Check-in to your hotel prior to an included dinner at a steakhouse.
- Breakfast included at the hotel prior to departing for home.
*Base rate does not include motor coach transportation, airfare, airport transfers, driver gratuity, guide gratuity, (student groups exempt) or any upgrades or add-ons unlisted from itinerary as stated. Pricing may vary based on day of arrival or other conditions. Personalized itineraries with custom pricing and/or additional transportation can be created and added based on client needs and upon client’s request. MARS will customize quotes or personalize itineraries for FREE.
Click below for a Printable PDF: PDF
Contact Us Today to Reserve Your Tour
Have a question? MARS' experienced tour professionals are ready and willing to help you plan a tour program that's a perfect fit for you.Get Started