Lounge in Luxury from the Gaylord Resort National Harbor and visit the Nation's Capital during the National Cherry Blossom Festival on this VIP MARS Exclusive Tour Package.Take A Fun Trip and visit the Nation's Capital during the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Our Nation's Capital is at its most splendid in the spring when thousands of cherry blossom trees are in bloom. Washington celebrates the beauty of the season with visitors from across the nation and around the world that arrive for the annual National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade.
- A VIP Pink Welcome Reception in Pose, the Gaylord Resort at National Harbor’s glamorous glass Rooftop Lounge with stunning views along the Potomac River and complete with your Pink Reception Greeter: Miss Cherry Blossom herself, classically dressed in Pink & handing out sweet chocolate covered cherries. Also in attendance will be: Floyd the Fancy Flamingo, dressed in his spiffy pink attire (and always good for a hilarious joke), Live musical entertainment, and even the First Lady Helen Taft who planted the very first Cherry Blossom Trees on the Tidal Basin will be there! A Signature Pink Cocktail and delicious hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- Exclusive “Pink” Luncheon and Dance Cruise onboard The Odyssey, a glass enclosed Bateaux highlighting gorgeous views of the blossoms while cruising the Potomac River.
- A complimentary cocktail at Belvedere Lounge at the Gaylord National Harbor Resort to be used anytime during your stay.
- Premium VIP Cherry Blossom Parade Seats across from the national LIVE TV Taping and in front of the National Archives — Complete with Pink Pom-Poms to cheer the performers.
- A Professional Keepsake Cherry Blossom Photo to take home with you.
- A Ride on the Capital Wheel overlooking the city and the Potomac River and the National Harbor is included to use at any time during your stay.
- Extensive touring of the Nation’s Capital with licensed knowledgeable DC Tour Guide.
- Commemorative Annual Cherry Blossom Pin for each guest to wear during your excursions and explorations.
Day 1 - Wednesday, April 6, 2022 Welcome to the MARS Exclusive Positively PINK Cherry Blossom Party Reception in Pose, the Gaylord Resort at National Harbor’s glamorous glass Rooftop Lounge. While your luggage is delivered to your rooms, enjoy the Pink Reception, complete with your Pink Reception Greeter: Miss Cherry Blossom herself, classically dressed in Pink & handing out sweet chocolate covered cherries. Also in attendance will be: Floyd the Fancy Flamingo, dressed in his spiffy pink attire (and always good for a hilarious joke), Live musical entertainment by our “Cherry Picker” Guitarist, and even the First Lady Helen Taft who planted the very first Cherry Blossom Trees on the Tidal Basin will be there! A Signature Pink Cocktail and delicious hors d’oeuvres will be served. The evening is free to relax, enjoy the resort amenities and enjoy dinner on own and exploring either within the Gaylord Resort or at any of the many area pubs, restaurants, and boutiques along the National Harbor. (Meals: Cocktail Reception) Day 2 – Thursday, April 7, 2022 After an incredible included Gaylord Full Buffet Breakfast including cooked-to-order omelets, depart to explore the amazing sites in our Nation’s Capital with a MARS Professional Pink-Tied Tour Guide. Visit Capitol Hill and see the Supreme Court, the Library of Congress, and the Capitol Visitor Center and enjoy lunch on own in the CVC Cafe with plentiful dining offerings. Next, make a quick stop for a photo opportunity at the White House followed by a tour of the White House Visitors Center. Afterwards, enjoy monument touring to include: The NEW Eisenhower Memorial, The Vietnam Veterans Memorial, The Lincoln Memorial, The Korean War Veterans Memorial, and the WWII Memorial. Dinner is included this evening at a local favorite restaurant prior to enjoying an after-dark, Illuminated Monument Tour. Before returning to the Gaylord, stop by and walk through the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts for amazing city views from the terrace and the famous bronze bust of John F. Kennedy in the grand foyer. (Meals: B, D) Day 3 – Friday, April 8, 2022 Enjoy another bountiful Breakfast Buffet at the Gaylord Resort this morning before departing with your MARS Guide to explore Hillwood Estate, Mansion, and Gardens, the former residence of cereal heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post who decided she would transform it into a museum which would inspire and educate the public. The estate endowed the country with the most comprehensive collection of Russian imperial art outside of Russia, a distinguished eighteenth-century French decorative art collection, and twenty-five acres of serene landscaped gardens and natural woodlands for all to enjoy. Lunch is on own while exploring. Depart for a tour of the Washington National Cathedral, one of the tallest cathedrals on the east coast and one of the most impressive and wondrous architectural structures in the District. Upon departure, drive along Embassy Row in Washington, DC, and stop to visit the Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima) before returning to the National Harbor. The remainder of your evening is free to relax, explore, shop, and enjoy dinner on own along the waterfront. (Meals: B) Day 4 – Saturday, April 9, 2022 After a full Breakfast Buffet, depart to witness the spectacular Cherry Blossom Parade from your Premium View Seats located in front of The National Archives and across from the TV cameras for this nationally broadcast event. Enjoy performances from across the nation performed right in front of your eyes and see the Cherry Blossom Princess. After the parade, escape the crowds for lunch at Pentagon City Mall and stop to experience the impressive Air Force Memorial, seemingly stretching forever into the sky above. Later this afternoon, board the MARS Exclusive “Pink Cruise”. Enjoy beautiful views of the Tidal Basin from the glass-enclosed Bateaux and the outside decks. Indulge in Pink Signature Cocktails, a delicious on-board meal, Live entertainment, and a Keepsake Photo! Wear Pink! The best Pink outfits win prizes! After docking, disembark, and continue the theme on a Pink Photo Stroll of the Tidal Basin to take photos among the Cherry Blossom Trees as well as the Jefferson, FDR, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorials. This evening, return to the Gaylord Resort and enjoy a free night to take advantage of the resort’s amenities or further explore the National Harbor. (Meals: B, Dinner Cruise) Day 5 – Sunday, April 10, 2022 Enjoy a full Buffet Breakfast at the resort this morning prior to checking out. Depart to visit the Smithsonian Institution’s Museum of your choice on the National Mall. Have lunch on own while visiting the museums before departing for home. (Meals: B) CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE PDF: PDF