Tour Inclusions: 3 nights’ accommodation; 3 breakfasts; 3 lunches; 3 dinners; admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes, and gratuity, except gratuity for guide fees is not included on adult tours unless otherwise requested. Based on 35 paying passengers and one (1) comp in double occupancy.Highlights:
- U Street Food & History Tour
- Smithsonian Museums
- Dodona Manor (The Marshall House)
- Vineyard & Brewery Tours & Tastings
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Old Town Alexandria Food & History Tour
- Christ Church
- Guided Monument and Memorial Tour
Sample Itinerary: Day 1 - U Street Food & History Tour
- Arrive in Washington, DC and meet your U Street Corridor Food & History Tour Guide -OR- choose to explore Old Town Alexandria or Georgetown. The U Street Fork Tour explores a city within a city. Formerly known as Black Broadway, this neighborhood provided artists of color the opportunity to perform their works in beautiful theaters, small clubs, and little pool halls. Learn about the musicians and writers who became local and international leaders during the Civil Rights movement, and the community devastation that followed the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. in 1968. The delicious food tastings will highlight the transitions in the community over the past 60 years. All current restaurants are locally owned and many are minority & women owned!
- Visit Smithsonian Museums of your choice prior to dinner included at a local favorite pub. (Meals: L, D)
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel prior to departing for Dodona Manor.
- Arrive at the Dodona Manor (The Marshall House). The Marshall House was the home of General George and Katherine Marshall from 1941 through 1959. Beginning in the late 1990s the manor house underwent extensive restoration and re-opened to the public in 2005. Ninety percent of the furnishings and memorabilia are original to the Marshall period of residency.
- Arrive for a tour and tasting at a local vineyard featuring wines handcrafted with skill and passion on their third generation working farm. The winery is located in a 1820 Loudoun County manor house filled with antiques and old-time atmosphere. While visiting, enjoy a tastings lunch included featuring locally sourced favorites.
- Enjoy a tasting & tour at a local farm brewery. Sip & relax while exploring the 6-acre meticulously landscaped beer garden or brew barn. After tasting, enjoy an included sandwich & side. (Meals: B, L, D)
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel prior to departing for the Arlington National Cemetery, America’s most sacred square mile. Experience the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- After visiting, arrive in Old Town Alexandria, meet your Food & History Tour Guide, and depart on an Old Town Fork Tour. Learn about the fascinating history and evolution of Old Town Alexandria through the city’s culinary revolution and learn about Alexandria's story beginning with the colonial period.
- Visit Christ Church, a beautiful example of Georgian church architecture from 1773. Silver plaques mark the pews of George Washington and of Robert E. Lee.
- See Robert E. Lee’s Boyhood Home, the Georgian townhouse where he lived off and on for 13 years.
- Enjoy a Guided Monument and Memorial Tour. Drive by The Air Force, The Vietnam Veterans, The Lincoln, & The Korean War Veterans Memorials.
- This evening, enjoy an included dinner at a local favorite prior to an after-dark, Illuminated Monument Tour. (Meals: B, L, D)
- Enjoy breakfast prior to checking out.
- Depart with you GUIDE, stop by for a photo opportunity of the White House, see the WWI Memorial, & Black Lives Matter Plaza.
- Drive down Embassy Row & see the Washington Cathedral.
- Visit the NEW Eisenhower Memorial prior to lunch on own at one of the many DC Food Trucks and then depart for home. (Meals: B)
Click below for a Printable PDF: PDF