Montana & Glacier National Park
Some places are the same whether you view them from the pages of a magazine or from the soles of your traveling shoes - Montana is not one of those places! The real treasures of this beautiful state are the sweeping vistas, pristine streams and awe-inspiring mountain peaks. Find out why Lewis and Clark described Montana as “scenes of visionary enchantment” while among the prairies, mountain ranges and ghost towns, and expect to see a variety of two and four legged creatures! Come with us and find out why Big Sky Country is a true feast for all the senses!
8 Days /7 Nights
Estimated Tour Pricing Inclusions: Roundtrip airfare, airport transfers, roundtrip transportation, 7 nights’ accommodation, baggage handling, 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners, admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes, and gratuity (excluding gratuity for guides and driver, unless requested).Highlights:
- Montana State Capitol
- St. Helena Cathedral
- Gates of the Mountains
- Kleffner Ranch
- Seeley Swan Valley
- Flathead Valley
- Glacier National Park
- Logan Pass
- Continental Divide
- Red Jammer Tour
- Big Mountain
- Middle Fork of the Flathead River
- Purple Mountain Lavender farm
- Double-decker boat tour of Flathead Lake
- The Lonesome Dove Ranch
- Hutterite Colony
Sample Itinerary: Day 1 - Arrive in Montana
- Touch down in Salt Lake City and depart on a motor coach.
- Enjoy lunch on your own in route.
- Check in to your local Butte, Montana hotel.
- Enjoy a welcome dinner at a local restaurant before returning to your hotel for the night.
- Enjoy breakfast at your hotel.
- Set out on a tour of the Helena area. On this tour, you will see the stunning Montana State Capitol, and stop to explore historic Reeder’s Alley, its 19th century buildings carefully restored to preserve the colorful heritage of Helena’s original settlement as a mining mecca. These fascinating structures show the rich variety of the fortune seekers and their colorful trades combing to shape this unique pioneer town.
- Afterwards, St. Helena Cathedral awaits you with its beautiful stained-glass windows and imposing spires. Along the way you’ll hear tales of the old west and of the people who made Montana great.
- Enjoy free time to shop and have lunch on your own at Last Chance Gulch.
- Take a scenic cruise through the Gates of the Mountains waterway, named after Meriwether Lewis and William Clark. Great towering walls of limestone stand guard over the river and bighorn sheep and mountain goats still scamper in the rocks high above the water. With its inexhaustible scenery, wooded slopes, rugged rock formations and the placid beauty of the timeless Missouri River, this is Montana at is best.
- This evening, enjoy dinner at picturesque Kleffner Ranch, featuring the largest barn west of the Mississippi.
- Enjoy breakfast at your hotel prior to checking out.
- Travel through Seeley Swan Valley in route to Glacier National Park and the beautiful Flathead Valley. With landscapes so big and open and rugged that they’ll stretch your soul, this drive will leave you in awe.
- Stop in Lincoln, Montana to shop for local delicacies such as buffalo jerky and all manner of huckleberry products. While in Lincoln enjoy an included lunch at a local restaurant.
- Continue with your travels through the town of Kalispell to the scenic Flathead Valley. Situated just west of the Continental Divide in the rugged Rocky Mountains, this is your gateway to Glacier National Park.
- Check in to your local hotel.
- Enjoy the rest of the evening to explore, shop, and dine in Whitefish.
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Depart Whitefish and drive through West Glacier to Glacier National Park.
- Transfer to an authentic 1933 Motor Coach – a Red Jammer – for an unforgettable all-day adventure. You’ll ride through Logan Pass up to the peak of Glacier National Park on the spectacular Going-to-the-Sun Road. This famed highway, completed in 1932, clings to the edge of the world as the Jammer makes its way to the Continental Divide through cedar forests and windswept alpine tundra. Along the way you’ll also enjoy a picnic lunch during your Red Jammer adventure before you return to Lake McDonald Lodge. Here you’ll have time to lounge on the veranda enjoying the scenic setting, or perhaps do a bit of shopping in the unique gift shop.
- Return to your lodge with the evening and dine tonight at your leisure.
- Enjoy breakfast at your leisure at your hotel.
- Travel to Big Mountain. Here you have the option of taking the ski lift or the gondola to the top of the mountain where you’ll take in the incredible 360-degree panoramic views of Flathead Valley. From this “top of the world” vantage point, you’ll be able to see the peaks of the Canadian Rockies to the north as well as those of Glacier National Park.
- Depart and return to Whitefish where you can enjoy lunch on your own.
- It’s your choice to float or raft along the crystal-clear waters of the Middle Fork of the Flathead River.
- Enjoy tonight’s rustic dinner prepared by your guides.
- Enjoy a relaxing morning at the lodge and have breakfast.
- Depart for the Purple Mountain Lavender Farm where beautiful, fragrant mounds of purple and pink lavender are cultivated on the hillside with great view of Flathead Lake and the valley below. In their barn, lavender flowers are dried and made into oils and sachets. You’ll be shown how lavender is cultivated, along with such other traditional Flathead Valley products such as cherries and berries.
- Enjoy an included lunch by Flathead Lake.
- Embark on a narrated scenic double-decker boat tour of Flathead Lake, the largest lake in Western Montana that offer plenty of wildlife-spotting opportunities.
- This evening, a special treat is in store as you’re welcomed by cowboys at a real Montana cattle ranch, The Lonesome Dove Ranch. In addition to a cowboy style dinner which includes cowboy coffee and entertainment, you will have the option to take a guided horseback ride.
- Return to your hotel for the evening.
- Prior to checking out, enjoy breakfast at your hotel.
- Travel through the lower section of spectacular Glacier National Park.
- Stop at Glacier Park Lodge in East Glacier. Take time to wander through this century old lodge. Built over a century ago, the lodge was set on land purchased from a tribe of the Blackfeet Nation. The opening was joyful event as hundreds of Blackfeet Indians erected their teepees on the grounds. The 60 immense timbers that support the Lodge are over 600 years old, and the Blackfeet were amazed at the powers the “Great Spirit” bestowed on the white man as they watched the massive lodge take shape.
- Stop at the Hutterite Colony for an exclusive experience. You’ll begin with a homestyle lunch that’s cooked and served by the women of the colony. Then you’ll hear about the Hutterites and their way of life. This special inclusion provides you the opportunity to talk to, and learn from, those who live a quiet peaceful life. They’re happy to share stories about themselves as they show you their community on this highlight of your Montana tour.
- Check in to your Butte hotel.
- Enjoy a farewell dinner.
- After breakfast at your hotel, check out.
- Depart for the Salt Lake City Airport. Have lunch on your own in route.
- Fly home.
*Base rate does not include motor coach transportation, airfare, airport transfers, driver gratuity, guide gratuity, (student groups exempt) or any upgrades or add-ons unlisted from itinerary as stated. Pricing may vary based on day of arrival or other conditions. Personalized itineraries with custom pricing and/or additional transportation can be created and added based on client needs and upon client’s request. MARS will customize quotes or personalize itineraries for FREE.
CLICK BELOW FOR A FLYER PDF
Contact Us Today to Reserve Your Tour
Have a question? MARS' experienced tour professionals are ready and willing to help you plan a tour program that's a perfect fit for you.Get Started