Music Legends of Memphis
Take a Fun Trip to to Memphis, Tennessee! Connect with history as you explore the Musicians Hall of Fame, see the Country Music Hall of Fame, & explore Graceland. Have some fun on Honky Tonk Row, enjoy a show at the Grand Ole’ Opry, and much more!
6 Days /5 Nights
Estimated Tour Pricing Inclusions: 5 nights’ accommodation; 5 breakfasts; 3 lunch; 2 dinners; admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes, and gratuity. Except gratuity for guide fees is not included on adult tours unless otherwise requested.Highlights:
- RCA Studio B
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- Grand Ole Opry Tour
- Mammoth Cave National Park
- Honky Tonk Row
- Ryman Theater
- West Tennessee Delta Heritage Center Tina Turner Museum
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Graceland Mansion Tour
- Elvis Presley’s Memphis
- Presley Motor Car Museum
Sample Itinerary: Day 1 - Welcome Dinner in Nashville
- Arrive to Nashville International Airport. Meet GUIDE at baggage claim then board motor coach and depart.
- Enjoy free time and lunch on own at Franklin, TN. Check-in to your local area hotel.
- Welcome Dinner upon arrival. Enjoy the Southern & American fare in a 2-story space with WWII & Civil War memorabilia. (Meals: D)
- Enjoy breakfast at your leisure at the hotel this morning. Meet your GUIDE in the hotel lobby and depart.
- Visit RCA Studio B, a music recording studio in Nashville, Tennessee built in 1956. Originally known simply by the name "RCA Studios", it became known in the 1960s for being an essential factor to the development of the production style and technique known as the Nashville Sound. Experience: SHARING THE ART OF SONGWRITING™. See for yourself what makes songwriting in Nashville so unique with this interactive co-writing program. Work closely with one of Nashville’s most accomplished songwriters as they guide your group in composing original lyrics of their own. End this session with a group recording of Nashville’s newest tune.
- Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, one of the world's largest museums research centers dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of American vernacular music. Chartered in 1964, the museum has amassed one of the world's most extensive musical collections. Lunch on and own while visiting.
- Depart and enjoy a Backstage Tour of the Grand Ole Opry. There's nothing like a backstage tour of the Grand Ole Opry House. It's a must-see for everyone in Music City! Walk in the footsteps of country music's superstars and get an exclusive look at what happens behind the scenes of the show that made country music famous.
- Enjoy dinner on own at Opry Mills. *Possible show option at the Grand Ole Opry: TBA Additional $90 for tickets* (Meals: B)
- Enjoy a bountiful breakfast at the hotel before departing for an exciting day.
- Depart for Mammoth Cave National Park. Spring is a wonderful time of year to explore the surface of Mammoth Cave National Park. The woods are exploding in color as plants awake from a long winter's nap. Join a local naturalist and discover the beauty that abounds above the cave! Start your exploration with an introductory tour into the Historic Entrance at Mammoth Cave National Park. This section of cave houses many great artifacts left behind by historic and prehistoric people. Take a walk along the Historic Tour route with a side trip to visit an underground hospital used in the 1840’s to treat consumptive patients. Your journey through the natural entrance will take you past saltpeter mining operations and across the Bottomless Pit as you wind through small passages and visit the beautiful Mammoth Dome.
- Enjoy lunch included in Green River Grille at Mammoth Cave National Park. Spend time following lunch exploring in the gift shop. Continue exploring with a Frozen Niagara tour. A walk through the Frozen Niagara section of the caves at Mammoth Cave National Park is certainly one for the books. This tour spends approximately 35 to 40 minutes in the cave, is about an hour and 15 minutes in total, and is good for all ages. Arrive back to the hotel.
- Enjoy the evening on Honky Tonk Row. Many of Nashville's famous nightspots are found on Broadway between First and Fifth avenues—better known as “Honky Tonk Row.” Honky Tonk Row consists of several nightclubs, pubs and bars that have become renowned for the country music musicians who have used these stages as a platform for fun, fame, and fortune. Regional musicians play for gracious tips in these bars, and you can witness some pure talent floating out of them at all hours of the day and night. This is where a lot of country stars have been discovered.
- Well-visited honky tonks include Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, The Stage, Legends Corner, Second Fiddle, and many others. The music starts mid-morning every day and keeps going non-stop into the wee hours of the morning! Most clubs on Honky Tonk Row have no cover charge, so you can come and go as you please until you find live music perfectly suited to your taste. *Possible show option at Blue Bird Café.* (Meals: B, L)
- Enjoy breakfast at hotel at your leisure this morning via voucher.
- Depart for a visit to the Ryman Theater. Otherwise known as the Mother Church of Country Music, it’s more than a Nashville landmark. Ryman Auditorium is one of the most active and celebrated venues in modern music. Generations of artists, seekers, creators, rule-breakers, and rebels have made their mark on this famous stage. From Elvis to Emmylou Harris, Johnny Cash to Wu-Tang Clan, Paul Simon to Tom Petty, B.B. King to Kings of Leon, the Ryman is a source of inspiration where legendary moments are still in the making. Depart for Memphis.
- Enjoy lunch included at Old country store in Jackson TN. Old-school ice cream parlor with a Southern buffet in a 19th-century general-store setting. Depart for the West Tennessee Delta Heritage- Center Tina Turner Museum. Explore the history, music and culture that make our area unique, from the school of Tina Turner and the home of “Sleepy” John Estes, to the West Tennessee Cotton Museum and one of the largest privately-owned collections of Abraham Lincoln memorabilia in the Southeast.
- Check-in to your hotel for the evening.
- Depart and enjoy an included dinner at a classic BBQ restaurant. Memphis is the pork barbecue mecca of the world, and there are great joints in every nook and cranny of this town. For over 70 years, the same family has been serving their signature dry rub ribs in downtown. (Meals: B, L, D)
- Enjoy breakfast at hotel. Visit the National Civil Rights Museum. Located at the original Lorraine Motel, site of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s 1968 assassination, this award-winning museum traces the history of the American Civil Rights Movement and honors its' leaders through interactive displays, artifacts, hands-on exhibits and where the fatal shot was fired. "Exploring the Legacy" brings the history that followed King's assassination into the tour.
- Enjoy lunch included today at a BBQ restaurant. Feast upon a delicious Southern home-made BBQ buffet. Visit the legendary Sun Studio, the birthplace of Rock N Roll.
- Enjoy a Memphis Mojo Tour with Backbeat Tours! The Home of the Blues comes alive on this city tour aboard the nation's only music bus. All of the guides on this tour are professional Beale Street musicians who play and sing selections from the city's rich musical heritage, while entertaining you with comedy, history, and behind-the-scenes stories of your favorite Memphis personalities. Enjoy an exciting introduction to Memphis on this action-packed drive through the city. It's great fun for all age!
- Return to the hotel for a free evening and dinner on own along exciting Beale Street. (Meals: B, L)
- Enjoy breakfast at hotel prior to check out. Today, enjoy the Elvis Experience at Graceland! Your tour includes: Graceland Mansion Audio-Guided Tour with New Orientation Film, Access to Elvis Presley’s Memphis, Elvis’ Two Custom Airplanes, Presley Motor Car Museum, Elvis: The Entertainer Career Showcase Museum, & Elvis Discovery Exhibits.
- Enjoy lunch at own expense while visiting. Depart for Memphis International Airport for return flights home. (Meals: B)
Base rate does not include motor coach transportation, airfare, airport transfers, driver gratuity, guide gratuity, (student groups exempt) or any upgrades or add-ons unlisted from itinerary as stated. Pricing may vary based on day of arrival or other conditions. Personalized itineraries with custom pricing and/or additional transportation can be created and added based on client needs and upon client’s request. MARS will customize quotes or personalize itineraries for FREE.Click 'PDF' below for a Sample Itinerary: PDF
Contact Us Today to Reserve Your Tour
Have a question? MARS' experienced tour professionals are ready and willing to help you plan a tour program that's a perfect fit for you.Get Started