Tour Inclusions: 2 nights’ accommodation; 2 breakfasts; 2 lunches; 2 dinners; admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes, and gratuity, except gratuity for guide fees is not included on adult tours unless otherwise requested. Based on 35 paying passengers and one (1) comp in double occupancy.Highlights:
- Dodona Mansion (The Marshall House)
- Explore Historic Leesburg
- Morven Park
- Some of the best wineries in Northern Virginia
- Cidery Tour & Tasting
- Brewery Tasting
- Locally Sourced Foods
Sample Itinerary: Day 1 - Vineyard Exploring
- Arrive for a tour and tasting at a local vineyard featuring wines handcrafted with skill and passion on their third generation working farm. The winery is located in a 1820 Loudoun County manor house filled with antiques and old-time atmosphere.
- While visiting, enjoy a tastings luncheon of locally sourced foods.
- Depart for a favorite vineyard and enjoy a tour and tasting. Enjoy the internationally acclaimed wines. View the 400+ acre estate which uses 104 acres for 17 different grape varieties. Nestled between the hills, the vineyard plantings extend up the Short Hill Mountain.
- Check-in to your local area hotel to rest and refresh.
- Dinner is included tonight at a local favorite. (Meals: L, D)
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel this morning prior to a visit and tour at the Dodona Manor (The Marshall House). The Marshall House was the home of General George and Katherine Marshall from 1941 through 1959. Beginning in the late 1990s the manor house underwent extensive restoration and re-opened to the public in 2005. Ninety percent of the furnishings and memorabilia are original to the Marshall period of residency. Marshall is best known as the author of the Marshall plan which laid the groundwork for post-World War II European recovery.
- Enjoy lunch on own and free time in Historic Leesburg. Known for being one of the best preserved and most picturesque downtowns in Virginia, Downtown Leesburg is your everyday destination: historic sites and museums, a vibrant culinary scene, large selection of breweries, award-winning wineries, & boutiques.
- Depart for a visit to a local cidery for a tour and tasting. An extension of a favorite vineyard and is producing hard ciders from Great Country Farms Apples. Learn about the making of cider and enjoy the afternoon.
- Visit a local favorite vineyard for a tour and tasting. Nestled on the first ridge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Northern Virginia Wine Country, the tasting room is filled with panoramic views of the gorgeous Loudoun Valley. Enjoy a tasting of 4 wines.
- Return to the hotel to rest and refresh prior to dinner included this evening. (Meals: B, D)
- Enjoy breakfast included at the hotel this morning prior to checking out.
- Visit Morven Park, home to the world-renowned Morven Park International Equestrian Center, the iconic Davis Mansion, the Morven Park Center for Civic Impact, and the unique Winmill Carriage Museum. Visitors can walk through scenic formal gardens and picnic under the boughs of old oak trees. Visit another time to hike miles of beautiful nature trails.
- Stop by a local brewery for lunch and a tasting. Enjoy lunch and a tasting situated on a picturesque farm with a beer garden and space for everyone! Their newest venture is a Pavilion Beer Garden which includes a hop yard.
- Enjoy a self guided beer tasting of 4 beers, a house flight with tasting notes, a bag of popcorn, & a choice of two menu items (sandwich & side). Cornhole is free and available and Axe Throwing is an additional charge.
- Depart for home. (Meals: B, L)
Click below for a Printable PDF: PDF