Tour Pricing Estimated Inclusions: 3 nights' hotel accommodation; 3 breakfasts; 3 dinners; admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes & gratuity. Except gratuity for guide fees is not included on adult tours unless otherwise requested.
*Base rate does not include motor coach transportation, airfare, airport transfers, driver gratuity, guide gratuity, (student groups exempt) or any upgrades or add-ons unlisted from itinerary as stated. Personalized itineraries with custom pricing and/or additional transportation can be created and added based on client needs and upon client’s request. Estimated prices may vary based on day of arrival and other conditionalities. MARS will customize quotes or personalize itineraries for FREE.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- Frederick Douglass House National Historic Site, Cedar Hill
- Harriet Tubman Underground Rail Road Byway Trail
- Crab Feast
- National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC)
- Howard University
- After arriving in our Nation’s Capital, meet your professional Washington, DC Guide, and tour the Frederick Douglass National Historic Site, Cedar Hill – dedicated to preserving the legacy of the most famous 19th century African American. Visitors to the site learn about his efforts to abolish slavery and his struggle for rights for all oppressed people.
- Stop at Lincoln Park which celebrates the abolition of slavery in the District of Columbia and features the Emancipation Proclamation Statue and the Mary McLeod Bethune Statue.
- See Willard Freedom Park and the Willard Hotel where Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote the finishing touches to his I Have A Dream speech.
- Stop at the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial.
- Visit the Lincoln Memorial and stand in the very location where Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speech was delivered.
- Visit the Vietnam Veterans War Memorial.
- Visit the Korean War Memorial.
- Dinner is included this evening before checking in to your DC Metropolitan accommodation.
- After breakfast at the hotel, depart for Cambridge, MD for a full day of exploring the Harriet Tubman Railroad Byway and Visitors Center. It’s from this area that Harriet Tubman first escaped slavery, and where she returned about 13 times, risking her life, to lead some 70 friends and family members to freedom. The Visitors Center is one of 36 stops along the driving tour of the Railroad Byway.
- On the way back to DC, enjoy an authentic Maryland-style Crab Feast Dinner, complete with fresh, steamed Maryland Crab, corn-on-the-cob, fried chicken, and more!
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel this morning.
- Spend the day at the massive National Museum of African American History and Culture. The NMAAHC is a museum that seeks to understand American history through the lens of the African American experience. Its unique architecture owns a commanding presence along the National Mall and the contents within provide for a powerful and life changing experience.
- A Farewell Dinner is included this evening before returning to the hotel.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel this morning prior to checking out.
- The day’s final activities can include a Guided Tour of the Shaw Neighborhood, Howard University, and a visit to the African American Civil War Museum, or guests can visit the new Museum of the Bible before departing for home.
Here at Go Performing & Go Student Tours our School Trips and Tours continue to be designed to experience STEAM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Mathematics. What is "STEAM" Education? Click HERE.
We also design tours with SEL education in mind. All of our tours are designed around Self-Awareness, Self-management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills, and Responsible Decision-Making. What is SEL Education? Click HERE.
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE PDF: