Palmetto Brew Thru with some added Spirits featuring Culinary Delights of the Sea Islands!
Take a Fun Trip to Charleston, South Carolina! Sit back, relax, and see the sights on a Harbor Cruise in Charleston Harbor with a Fish & Chips lunch included; and later, Wine Pairing & a Carriage Ride await. Enjoy a Local Distillery Tour & Tasting, visit dolphins on your Eco-Boat Tour, and much more!
5 Days /4 Nights
Estimated Tour Pricing Inclusions: 4 nights’ accommodation; 4 breakfasts; 2 lunches; 3 dinners; admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes, and gratuity. Except gratuity for guide fees is not included on adult tours unless otherwise requested.Highlights:
- Holy City Brewing
- Welcome to the Brew Thru Tour Dinner
- Fish & Chips Lunch
- Wine Pairing Dinner
- Carriage Ride
- City Market
- Tea Garden
- Local Distillery Tasting
- Antebellum Porch Wine & Hors D’oeuvres Reception
- Kazoo Factory
- Oyster Farm Tasting & Tour
- Eco-Boat Dolphin Tour
- Farewell Luncheon
Sample Itinerary: Day 1 - Holy City Brewing Tour and Tasting & Welcome to the Brew Thru Tour Dinner
- Arrive in Charleston, SC, and check in to your area hotel.
- First stop is South Carolina’s oldest brewery, dating back to the pre-prohibition era and rooted in Charleston history, Holy City Brewing. Enjoy a Beer Tour & Tasting while visiting.
- Also included this evening, is a Welcome to the Brew Thru Tour Dinner! Enjoy fresh, southern seafood overlooking the water! You’ll be delighted by the delicious entrée choices available including: Shrimp ’n Grits, Mahi Mahi, Salmon, Shrimp, and Flounder. Return to the hotel to rest and relax for the evening.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel this morning, depart for a Harbor Cruise where you’ll enjoy a relaxing and scenic journey with narrated details of the beautiful and historic sites along the waterway.
- Enjoy a Proper Fish & Chips lunch included at this understated, but celebrated North Charleston outpost which makes up for its small digs with gigantic portions of battered cod and chips, served with optional mushy peas and gravy by an affable English chef-owner. The simple locale is brightened by corrugated metal walls and an assortment of funky British décor.
- Cross the road for a delightful tour and tasting at the Firefly. Nestled amongst live oaks and Spanish moss, Charleston’s oldest working distillery, Firefly continues to make great spirits. From the popular original Sweet Tea Vodka, (the world’s first) to their maritime influenced bourbon, Firefly has grown to include more than 25 spirits.
- Return to the hotel to rest and freshen up prior to a delicious ‘Farewell to Charleston’ Wine Pairing Dinner located in the original carriage house of a Historic Mansion in downtown Charleston.
- Your dinner location this evening has long reigned as one of Charleston’s finest restaurants. For over a decade, the Executive Chef has worked with a network of local farmers and fishermen creating a special kind of culinary magic, elevating even an ordinary night out to spectacular new heights and takes guests on a journey through the belly of South Carolina food-ways from its humble beginnings, multinational influences, and the affect on modern day cuisine when fused together from this rich history. Each course comes with a special Chef chosen wine pairing. Plus, MARS has arranged for the Chef to give a brief talk about the menu and the inspiration behind it.
- Return to the hotel for the evening.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel this morning prior to checking out.
- Enjoy a Carriage Ride of Charleston where a guide will point out all of the beautiful and historic sights as you clip-clop along the streets on your “horse-powered” carriage.
- Enjoy lunch on own and free time to explore at City Market, one of the South’s most vibrant and historic places.
- In the early afternoon, visit the Charleston Tea Garden. For tea lovers, it’s a once in a lifetime experience. They're the only tea garden in North America where you can see hundreds of thousands of tea bushes stretching out, acre after acre, for almost as far as the eye can see. In addition to many acres of tea plants, you’ll tour the tea factory where you’ll walk the length of the tea production building and see all the equipment it takes to make tea. Large TV screens along the glassed-in gallery describe the entire process.
- This afternoon, enjoy the scenery along the Great Ace Basin on your way to Beaufort, SC. Visit local Distillery, RLB (Rotten Little Bastard Distillery) where city worldliness meets relaxed southern charm and is clearly reflected in the quality of each handcrafted bottle of spirits. Sample the spirits and take away a commemorative shot glass.
- This evening, check-in to your local area hotel.
- Meet on an Antebellum Porch for a Wine & Hors d’oeuvres Reception.
- Afterwards, walk a few short blocks to historic downtown Beaufort and enjoy dinner on your own in one of several restaurants with a view of the Waterfront. Return to the hotel for the evening.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel this morning.
- Depart for a tour of the Urban Brew Coffee House and see a Roaster Demonstration and Narrated Tour. Enjoy a coffee and a scone while visiting.
- Afterwards, tour the Kazoobie Kazoo Factory and create your own kazoo! The museum contains historical kazoos from the collections of Boaz Frankel, Barbara Stewart, and Rick Hubbard. You’ll learn all about how the kazoo was invented and how it has come to be America’s most beloved musical instrument.
- This afternoon, delight in an Oyster Farm Taste & Tour and see where and how the magic happens.
- Enjoy lunch on your own and some unique shopping in Downtown Beaufort where you won’t find any big box franchise shops or restaurants. Each is locally owned, offering its own special flair and personalities.
- Depart for Hunting Island, a Barrier Island with five miles of pristine South Carolina beach and where thousands of acres of marsh and maritime forest, a salt-water lagoon, and an ocean inlet are all part of the natural allure. While visiting, embark on an Eco-Boat Dolphin Tour. Your Tour Guide and Captain are knowledgeable of the amazing eco-system of the Lowcountry. You’re sure to see flora, fauna and marine life up close and personal!
- Return to land and disembark. Dinner is included this evening at a popular restaurant and brewery where you can sample their local brews. Return to your hotel for the evening.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel this morning prior to checking out.
- Depart for a historic Carriage Tour of Beaufort, South Carolina. Relax and enjoy the narrated tour of the historic area.
- Last, but certainly not least, your Farewell Luncheon is a special low country location serving fresh local fare. Start off with fresh local oysters and finish off with a local blue crab sandwich, fresh fish taco, and so much more! Look out over the docks and breathe in the history of the Port, a rich story of shrimp boats, long standing family traditions, and the tides of changing industries.
- Dine at the Docks which hold a vast and varied background encompassing everything from railroads to military battles and oystering to the legendary shrimping industry. To this day, these docks provide a safe port for local shrimpers and swordfish boat captains. As you will see before you, the shrimping fleet has become a small group of men and women dedicated to their craft, who are willing to handle the challenges of this way of life - and we’re very proud to support them.
Click 'PDF' below for a Sample Itinerary: PDF
Contact Us Today to Reserve Your Tour
Have a question? MARS' experienced tour professionals are ready and willing to help you plan a tour program that's a perfect fit for you.Get Started